LEARN MORE ABOUT BALCH SPRINGS TX
The area was first settled in the 1840s. Around 1879 John M. Balch and his family settled in the county. Mr. Balch found several springs on his land, one of which ran year-round. Local residents began referring to the springs on Mr. Balch’s property as Balch Springs, and use of the name continued even after he moved away a few years after his arrival. Around 1885, a county school was named after the springs. A small church and a cemetery were near the school. During the early 1900s, the community was widely dispersed and consisted mostly of farms. Electricity, provided by Texas Power and Light, was introduced in 1939. Gas and telephone service arrived shortly after World War II.
Today, Balch Springs is home to such attractions as the Luedeke Park.