LEARN MORE ABOUT Bedford TX
The land occupied by Bedford was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house near White Rock Creek. In 1902 the community named itself Bedford, after Bedford Robertson, who served as postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry was a cotton gin, opening in 1902 on Bedford Road. The City of Bedford was incorporated on June 15, 1953. The first mayor of Bedford was M. W. Morris. In 1982 the name was changed to “Town of Bedford.”
Today, Bedford is home to such attractions as the Bedford Circle Park.