LEARN MORE ABOUT DUNCANVILLE TX
Settlement of the area began in 1845, when Crawford Trees purchased several thousand acres south. In 1880 the CTM Central Railway reached the area and built Duncan Switch, named for a line foreman. Charles P. Nance, the community’s first postmaster, renamed the settlement Duncanville in 1882. By the late 19th century Duncanville was home to a dry goods stores, a pharmacy, a domino parlor, and a school. Between 1904 and 1933 the population of Duncanville increased from 113 to more than 300.
Today, Duncanville is home to such attractions as the Duncanville Public Library.