LEARN MORE ABOUT RICHARDSON TX
Settlers from Kentucky and Tennessee came to the Richardson area in the 1840s. Through the 1850s the settlement was located around the present-day site of Richland College. After the Civil War a railroad was built northwest of the original settlement, shifting the village’s center closer to the railroad. Richardson was chartered in 1873, and the town was named after railroad contractor E.H. Richardson.
Today, Richardson is home to such attractions as the Prairie Creek Park.