While it’s always so nice enjoying the holiday season, the unfortunate truth is, water damage does not take a holiday. This type of disaster can strike at any time, and we here at Pro Response Restoration are ready to answer the call should the need arise. Remember, with water damage, time is your biggest enemy, so here are some things to think about when you first spot that problem and are assessing if a call needs to be made.
How Bad Is It?
What starts out as a small leak or puddle can quickly spiral into some serious water damage if not addressed quickly. Not only that but if the water is not dried completely, mold can begin to grow in as little as 24 to 48 hours. Here are some steps you can take to assess the situation.
- Just like any emergency, it is always important to be safe. If the source of your water leak is evident and safely accessible, shut off the main valve or close the window or door from which water is getting into the property.
- If you are unable to stop the water, call a professional plumber immediately.
- After the water is turned off, get to your fuse box to turn off the electrical systems to your home. Be sure to turn off the main breaker as well as all individual switches. If there is water on the way to the fuse box, do not walk through it. Call an electrician and wait for help to arrive. In the event of major flooding, even if power isn’t operational in your home, it’s wise to turn off your electricity. You do not want to be at risk of life-threatening danger when the power is restored.
- Once the water is off, assess the situation. If the water is cleaned up easily with no other apparent damage, then you can clean up, wait for drying, and call the necessary professionals for any needed repairs to broken materials.
- If you have standing water, dampness, or other water damage you will need to make the call to professional services to help with drying, cleaning, sanitizing, and mold prevention. Acting promptly in these situations is vital to avoid further damage.
- If you are a renter, call your Landlord. If you own your home, call your insurance company. The insurance company will send an adjuster and assess the damage to determine what will be covered in your loss. While waiting for the adjuster it is important to start documenting everything. You can use your cell phone to take pictures or video recordings of the extent of the damage. It is also wise to document any and all conversations about your insurance claim. Be sure to follow the direction of the insurance company and do not make repairs until after your property has been inspected by an adjuster.
We Are Here To Help!
Time is critical when water has entered your home. With water damage, you want to ensure that the area is completely dry and that all standing water has been removed as quickly as possible to avoid further damage. That is why calling professionals for water damage restoration is so critical.
At Pro Response Restoration we are ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, should a water emergency arise. We handle everything from water removal to water damage repair. We understand the stress and frustration caused by an emergency water damage crisis in your home or business, especially during the holidays. You are not alone! At Pro Response Restoration we are experienced, caring professionals available to help. We are here to get your home back to pre-damage conditions quickly and easily, with as little hassle as possible. Call us today #469-858-1811
Related Blog Posts: