Feeling bogged down with spring cleaning? We’ve got 3 super easy chores that can be done in practically no time at all.
- Take a walk around inspection of all your homes windows and exterior door frames. Make repairs to anything that is loose or damaged. Use weather stripping or caulking to seal up any cracks between trim and siding or anywhere where pipes or wires may enter the home. When leaks are sealed it means less energy wasted and it prevents moisture from getting inside walls which can lead to mold and water damage.
Trimming & Removal
- Trees, shrubs, and bushes should be trimmed so growth is away from your home. Also trim any tree limbs that are low hanging, close to power lines, or hitting your roof. As always, remember safety first, and be sure to use a professional service for jobs that may be dangerous or out of reach.
- Do a perimeter walk around your property to check for tree and plant root growth that may be affecting piping and sewage lines. Look over any exposed pipes for wear and tear. If there is heavy damage, replace as soon as possible.
- Water buildup over time can lead to structural damage to foundations. Inspect your foundation by looking for any signs of cracks. Repairs can be made with concrete patching.
- Note any places you see that may be concerning. Be sure to consult with a professional if you are unsure about more intensive repairs or if you feel damage is extensive.
Spring cleaning lists can get long, but even with just a short amount of time there are easy, smaller tasks that can be tackled.
Related Blog Posts:
5 Summer Home Maintenance Projects to Tackle This Weekend