Did you know that Texas rates among the top states for hail damage claims in the country? Hail can cause some serious damage. If you’re looking to fix or replace your roof than you’ll want the right contractor to do the job. Many companies may come knocking on your door, but you want a contractor that is honest, trustworthy, and professional. That may seem like a difficult task, but we’re here to offer some helpful tips to ensure your home and wallet are in good hands.
Referrals & Ratings
- Reach out to friends and family in your area for referrals. Be ready with some specific questions to ask them about the services they received.
- Check out a company’s score on the Better Business Bureau website BBB.org. You’ll want a contractor that rates high.
- Reviews and testimonials from customers are a great way to investigate the work of a roofing company. Be sure to look at responses carefully for overall satisfaction and customer care, along with dates to ensure you are getting the most recent information.
Time In Business
- If a company has a long history in your community it is a good sign that they will provide the quality service you are looking for. Well established businesses tend to be committed to the care of their customers and that means the chance of scams or potential issues is slim. Another benefit will be their knowledge of local rules and regulations along with relationships with area crews and suppliers involved in the project.
Proper Licensing and Insurance
- You want a company that is licensed, bonded, and insured. If you choose to use a company that is not current on these documents, then you leave yourself open to unnecessary risk.
- When you’re choosing a contractor, ask to verify their state licensure and insurance including property damage coverage, personal liability and workers compensation coverage. Typically, you can verify these documents online as well.
Certifications from Manufacturers
- Awards, recognition, and manufacturer training certifications show that a company has a dedicated commitment to providing the proper skill and expertise needed to provide the best quality work. A company with these qualifications can leave you with the assurance that you are receiving the best care.
- Typically, two types of warranties are offered for your project: one for a company’s work, and another manufacturer warranty on materials used. Be sure to ask what guarantees are offered, what is covered, and how long a warranty lasts.
- You want a company that shows full transparency and is willing to discuss all the details of a job with you along with answering any questions or concerns you might have. Be wary of roofers that try to take advantage of you with unnecessary services or hidden costs. The best way to avoid potential risk is to do your research before an inspection. Know which questions to ask and pertinent information that may be helpful as you discuss findings with your contractor. Looking over ratings and reviews from other customers will also be helpful in finding companies that are accessible, honest, and fair.
- Never choose a roofer solely based on price. You want a reputable, established company that offers guarantees on their work. Get several bids and do your research to ensure you are getting quality work along with a fair deal. An unusually low bid may be an indicator of poor-quality materials or sub-par work so be sure to ask questions and be informed about what is being offered.
When it comes to the roof over your head, you want the assurance that your repairs will be done the right way. These tips, along with a little time and effort put into some research, will get you well on your way to finding that qualified roofer you can trust.
Related Blog Posts:
Additional Resources & References: