Navigating the plumbing world can be a bit tricky because there are so many choices. When it comes to home repairs, you want someone that is reliable and trustworthy. Whether dealing with small fixes or a major water disaster, you want to know that you’ve hired the right person for the job. Dealing with repairs or a large water emergency is stressful enough, so we are here to offer some tips on what to look for when hiring a plumber.
- You want to work with a plumber that has a clean record of working with customers and someone who has all required licenses current.
- Most states, including Texas, require plumbers to be licensed and/or bonded. A state government page, local building department, or consumer protection agency like the Better Business Bureau are all places to visit to find information about active licenses and possible complaints against a plumber or their company. There are also tools you can use to find this information.
- In order to protect both you and the plumber or other workers in the case of an injury on the job, your plumber should have liability insurance and workman’s compensation. Your own insurance may also provide some levels of coverage, but a plumber that has proper insurance will keep you far better protected.
- There is no substitute for experience. When you’re hiring a plumber, you want someone you know has the knowledge and skills necessary to fix your damaged home. It is recommended that you look to companies that have been in business for at least 5 years. Companies that have been around for a longer time are typically ones that have gained the trust of a community and its members through their years of service.
Referrals, References, & Reviews
- You want someone in your home that is easy to work with, friendly, and trustworthy. One of the best ways to find a plumber that has all those qualities is through a referral. You can reach out to family, friends, and neighbors to ask for recommendations. Be sure to ask them what they liked about their plumber and what kind of work they did on their home.
- Another way to get feedback is by asking the potential plumber for references of people that they have done work for. You can then reach out to those individuals and ask about the work that was done.
- Reviews online are also an effective tool to find out more information and to see if there are others that were happy with and recommend a plumber’s services.
Warranties and Work Quality
- There are a lot of warranties on parts and services out there. Find a plumber that will guarantee their work and offer warranties that will give added protection against future loss.
Hiring the wrong plumber to do a job can end up costing you more time, money, and even possible water damage down the road. That’s the last thing you want. Take the time needed to do your research and find the right plumber for the job. Your chances for success will be greater if you do, and you’ll rest easy knowing your home is in good hands.
If you’ve had a visit with your plumber and they’ve noticed water damage, don’t wait to fix it! Putting off water damage can have costly and even dangerous consequences. At Pro Response Restoration we have a lot of experience working with plumbers to be sure homeowners are getting the best care and quality when it comes to water damage cleanup and repairs. We offer our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need us, we’ll be there. Call today 469-858-1811
Related Blog Posts:
Additional Resources & References: