LEARN MORE ABOUT ADDISON TX
The land occupied by Addison was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house near White Rock Creek. In 1902 the community named itself Addison, after Addison Robertson, who served as postmaster from 1908 to 1916. The first industry was a cotton gin, opening in 1902 on Addison Road. The City of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953. The first mayor of Addison was M. W. Morris. In 1982 the name was changed to “Town of Addison.”
Today, Addison is home to such attractions as the Addison Circle Park.