LEARN MORE ABOUT DESOTO TX
The Desoto area was settled by German and French immigrants in the 1840s. Members of the Peters Colony also settled here in the 1840s. Originally named “Gibbs Station,” after Barnett Gibbs, the town was renamed in 1892 for George Desoto, wealthy financier from England who came to the United States in the 1880s and was reportedly heavily involved with the final construction of the local railroad line.
Today, Desoto is home to such attractions as the Les Zeiger Park.