Time is critical when it comes to leaks. Water can cause some serious damage to a building in a very short amount of time. Preparing for a possible water damage situation will be your greatest ally if you do discover you may have a leak. Knowing what to do and who to call will help resolve the issue quickly and avoid potential future damage.
- If you know where the leak may be coming from, it is important to stop the flow of water to that area. Locate and shut-off the water at its source until repairs can be made.
- For safety purposes it may be necessary to shut off electricity and gas as well. Judge the situation and shut-off power and gas supply lines if you feel it is needed and safe to do so.
- If the leak is affecting high-use areas, block those areas off for safety purposes.
- Do not walk through water unless you know it is safe to do so. If there is damage near electrical lines, you may want to wait until a professional is called.
Make the Call
- If there is concern there may be a leak in your business, a professional should be called immediately. Water damage restoration specialists are trained in the complete process of water cleanup including water removal, decontamination, and drying or disposal of items and structures.
- They will help you in the process of restoring your business to pre-damage condition as quickly as possible.
- If you have an emergency plan, be sure to contact all those who need to be aware of the situation. That may include your insurance agent, a plumber, or a water restoration specialist.
It is crucial that you take care of water damage as quickly as possible to avoid possible future damages and costs. Making the right call is crucial. Here at Pro Response Water Restoration we are ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will be there to support you through the whole process and get your business back up and running in pre-loss condition as quickly as possible.
Related Blog Posts: